The Arden Pig Company can arrange and plan your perfect MURDER !!!!!
We organise the event for you ( if you want ) from the food and drinks to the decoration and props. Due to our excellent knowledge of Themed Parties we can transform you home or venue in to the scene of the crime. Regardless which one you choose from we will dress the venue and give you advise on costumes and playing your character. Our Murder Mystery Parties can last between 4 hours to 2 days depending on the Murder Mystery game and venue.
Information on our games.
Our murder mystery games are completely interactive. You decide whom to talk to and when. You also decide what you will tell them, and whether you tell them the truth or not. Of course, that goes for everyone else in the game as well…
In your game you will pretend to be someone else (your character) in a fictional setting. You will meet and interact with other characters and everyone will be trying to achieve their own goals. We don’t provide a script – it’s all up to you.
Here are several tips to help you enjoy the game
- Three basic attributes: Playing a murder mystery game requires just three basic attributes - a sense of fun, an ability to strike up a conversation with another person, and the willingness to pretend to be someone else for an evening. If you can do that, you should have no trouble!
- Dress the part: You will receive information, including costume tips, about your character beforehand. A good costume can help you get into the spirit of the game, and also means that you will be in lots of photographs.
- Read your character sheet: Your character sheet explains who you are, who you know and what your objectives are. However, your character sheet describes what your character believes, but that might not necessarily be true! Keep your character sheet handy, as you’ll probably need to refer to it during the evening.
- Your Goals: Your goals describe the objectives that your character is trying to achieve during the game. You should attempt every goal – although it is unlikely you will achieve them all (as other characters may be trying to oppose you).
- Read your character sheet again: This time, think about your goals. You should also take note of other characters – you will probably need to speak to them sooner rather than later.
- Introduce yourself: Once the game starts, you will need to talk to people whilst pretending to be your character. The easiest way is to introduce yourself to someone as your character. If you don’t know anything about them you can ask who they are and why they are here. If you do know something already (you may have information on your character sheet, or someone else has already told you something about them) then you can ask them about that.
- Tips for beginners: We provide tips for people who haven’t played our games before. These give you a couple of ideas of things you should do at the start of the game. The tips are optional, but they may help you get started.
- Find your friends and enemies: In this game there are those who will help you, and those who will oppose you. It’s important to find both – although to get your friends to help you, you may have to help them in return.
- Ability cards: You will have special ability cards that you can use to help achieve your goals. The cards are self-explanatory and generally have a limited number of uses. You may need to think carefully about who you want to play them on.
- The Host: Ideally, you shouldn’t need the Host to achieve your goals – talking and negotiating with the other characters can achieve most. You should consult the Host if you have a question about the rules, but you certainly shouldn’t ask for help in solving your goals as they are up to you!
- Act the part: Don’t start talking about football or current affairs or anything else that isn’t part of the game. It’s more fun if everyone tries to maintain the illusion that the party is genuine.
- Read your character sheet yet again: If you find yourself at a loose end, find a quiet place and re-read your character sheet. You may find that there’s someone you haven’t spoken to yet, or something you need to do.
- The murder: Who carried out the murder? Finding out is a matter of talking to people and picking up the clues.
- Finally: Remember that the most important thing to remember is to have a good time!
For more information on our Murder Mystery Nights please contact us.
All contents and images on this page are copyright of Freeform Games.